Lets talk about Woman and Man.
But before that let me tell u about myself.
My Dad Ramakant Sinari was a acclaimed freedom fighter. My hubby is Indian Army Pioneer Major Deepak Rao, one of the only 5 people to be knighted by President of India since independence along with MS Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev and Abhinav Bindra. My adopted daughter is a pro MMA cage fighter, one of the few women in the world to have defeated a man in Germany. But I am not just somebody’s daughter, somebody’s wife or somebody’s mother.
I am Dr. Seema Rao, a woman in her own right, achieving in a men’s world. My world is the camouflaged arena of blood, sweat and grit. I am India’s only woman commando trainer. I trained 20,000 commandos from every elite special for 20 years without compensation.
I have faced all the usual problems faced by women and even more. I was ousted by my in-laws, shunned by my parents and boycotted by society for entering a men’s domain. I have lived in poverty in chawl, rode a 2nd hand scooter and even had to sell my mangalsutra for my husband’s retinal surgery.
My vocation was physically demanding, involved travelling to hostile locations such as freezing mountains, scorching desert, dense jungles and steep altitudes. I did not give up despite head injury, memory loss and vertebral fracture. I was shot in the Kashmir valley by terrorists.
I helped the Indian forces in modernization of close quarter battle training winning 3 Army chief citations and more than 1000 trophies and felicitations from Indian forces.
The only difference between a woman and a man is that
man is born out of a woman but woman cannot be born out of a man.
A woman has all the traits of a man and even more. She has compassion, adaptibility and humility. These traits were imbibed in her to support her man when he is helpless, hopeless and mindless!! So woman is WO plus MAN made to woo man, comfort him and stand as equal partner to him in all the games of life.
In all Stages of her life, woman needs to be made aware of her hidden strengths and ability. She can be empowered by simply uncovering the pre-existent latent powers present in her being.
- As a child in school, we must teach the girl child that sports are as important as academics.
- As a teenager in college, we must implore our girls to finish graduation, if not more.
- As an adult, vocation is important. Girls have to explore their aptitude and move in direction of their talents.
- As a working woman, we must aim for the top slot and not settle for lower potentials.
- As a girlfriend, defy inherent possessiveness and paranoia of suspicion which can wreck your life. Check your man out before marriage, even in an arranged marriage, by meeting enough. Anger spells possessiveness, male chauvinistic attitudes are bad indicators, as is spendthriftness and excessive demands.
- In marriage, say no to dowry and yes to bilateral spending.
- As a wife, demand to work and stand independently.
- As a daughter in law, win over your mother-in-law with love, understanding and cooperation. Remember, It is her world that you are trying to change.
- As a mother, show your daughter a world beyond home. Encourage her to go out and find her calling.
- As a home maker, balance the kitchen with family and self.
- As a mother in law, befriend your daughter-in-law and understand her awkwardness in your domain.
- As a grandma, teach your grandkids gender equality.
- As a senior citizen, secure your property and don’t barter it for love with demanding children.
- In society, motivate, encourage and enlighten fellow women to reach their potential in the world dominated by men.
- Remember, whether in the Boardroom, Society or Bed, a woman must always be on top!
A woman is not meant to put down men, demand equal rights or fight them to rise.
A woman is meant to compliment man, stand shoulder to shoulder with him in all battles and rise to her maximum potential as any human should.
I hope all women will realize their true hidden potentials and find confidence to walk tall in the world.
Signing off, Jai hind!
THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS ARTICLE ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPEAKIN, ITS MANAGEMENT OR AFFILIATES. SPEAKIN MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, SUITABILITY OR VALIDITY OF ANY INFORMATION ON THIS ARTICLE AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR DELAYS IN THIS INFORMATION OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM ITS DISPLAY OR USE.
Author: Dr. Seema Rao
Seema Rao, also known as India’s Wonder Woman, is India’s first woman commando trainer, having trained Special Forces of India for 18 years without compensation. She is a pioneer in close quarter battle (CQB) — the art of fighting in tight proximity — and is involved in training various Indian forces. Her work was partnered by Major Deepak Rao, who received Presidential rank honor from the Indian President for pioneering close quarter battle training for Indian Army
Seema has been instrumental in modernizing combat shooting, having researched combat shooting methods and invented a new method of shooting called The Rao System of Reflex Fire — an innovative method of shooting at close quarters. Together the Raos are recipients of three Army Chief citations over 18 years contributions to training 15,000 soldiers of forces in CQB. They have trained every elite Indian force including Indian Para Special forces, Commando wing, Corps battle schools, Academies & Regt centers, Navy MARCOS marine Commandos, NSG Black cat, Air Force GARUD, ITBP, Paramilitary, Police units. They were guest lecturers for National Police Academy, Army Officers Training Academy, etc. Having taken to CQB training as a full-time profession, she works all year long in remote locations, keeping personal life aside.